Tuesday, January 10, 2006

something to be said

There's something to be said for boldness in your pursuit of God. Not boldness based on your worth or value though God sees you as profoundly valuable, but boldness in the sense that you will not be turned back or disuaded from your pursuit. Not by doubt, not byfear, and not by impatience.

Personal Life: Longing After God

Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me
now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your
sight....
--Exodus 33:13

Come near to the holy men and women of the past and you will soon
feel the heat of their desire after God. They mourned for Him,
they prayed and wrestled and sought for Him day and night, in
season and out, and when they had found Him the finding was all
the sweeter for the long seeking. Moses used the fact that he knew
God as an argument for knowing Him better. "Now, therefore, I pray
thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, show me now thy way,
that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight;" and from
there he rose to make the daring request, "I beseech thee, show me
thy glory." God was frankly pleased by this display of ardor, and
the next day called Moses into the mount, and there in solemn
procession made all His glory pass before him. The Pursuit of
God, 15.

"Does anyone today know anything about that heat of desire after
You, God? I'm not reading or hearing much that comes close, though
thankfully there are a few exceptions. Restore to us today this
deep longing, I pray in Jesus' name. Amen."

(taken from liturature ministries international daily tozer devotion)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home